The Matrix 4 movie will soon be released in theaters and the film project The Matrix 4 adds to the list of players. The latest news actress and star Christina Ricci joins.
The news of Christina Ricci’s joining is known through the latest update of the list of players for this film. The list includes Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jada Pinkett Smith, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Priyanka Chopra, Jonathan Goff and Neil Patrick Harris.
Previously, Christina Ricci worked with The Matrix 4 director, Lana Wachowski. The actresses worked together in the film Speed Racer which is an adaptation of the novel by Tatsuo Yoshida.
In the film, Christina Ricci stars alongside Emile Hirsch, John Goodman and Susan Sarandon in this futuristic sports action comedy.
Most recently, Ricci appeared in the Canadian-American-Indian biographical film Percy about the resistance of a farmer who confronts a large company against his farm. In the film, Christina Ricci collided with actor Christopher Walken who was lined up as the main character.
The Matrix 4 began production in February 2020 before filming for the film was delayed due to the coronavirus outbreak in March last year. Filming resumed in August in Berlin and finished in November.
This film does not yet have an official title even though The Matrix 4 is touted as a continuation of the previous sequel. On the official website, this film still uses the Untitled fourth Matrix film label.
The film will now release simultaneously in US theaters and on the HBO Max streaming service on December 22 and The Matrix Resurrections is scheduled to have its world premiere in Toronto on December 16, 2021, and be released by Warner Bros..
Christina Ricci is best known for her roles in the films Casper and The Addams Family (1991).
The Matrix 4 – Premise
Twenty years after the events of The Matrix Revolutions, Neo lives a seemingly ordinary life under his original identity as Thomas A. Anderson in San Francisco, with a therapist who prescribes him blue pills to counteract the strange and unnatural things he occasionally glimpses. He also meets a woman who appears to be Trinity, but neither of them recognize each other. However, when a new version of Morpheus offers him the red pill and reopens his mind to the world of the Matrix, which has become more secure and dangerous in the years since the Smith infection, Neo joins a group of rebels to fight a new enemy.
The Matrix 4 – Cast
- Keanu Reeves as Thomas Anderson / Neo
- Carrie-Anne Moss as Tiffany / Trinity.
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Morpheus: An alternate version of the hacker who freed Neo from the Matrix. The character was portrayed by Laurence Fishburne in the previous films; Fishburne’s version of the character appears through the use of archive footage.
- Jessica Henwick as Bugs: A blue-haired gunslinger with a White Rabbit tattoo. Henwick describes her character as “the audience’s eyes”.
- Jonathan Groff as Smith: Thomas’ business partner and Neo’s former arch-nemesis and Agent of the Matrix. He has an eye for the bottom line and later comes to blows with Neo. The character was portrayed by Hugo Weaving in the previous films; Weaving also appears as Smith through the use of archive footage.
- Neil Patrick Harris as The Analyst: Thomas’ therapist, who works closely with his patient to understand the meaning behind his dreams and to distinguish them from reality.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas as Sati: An exile program created without a purpose who met Neo shortly before the end of the Machine War. The character was originally portrayed by Tanveer K. Atwal in The Matrix Revolutions (2003).
- Jada Pinkett Smith as Niobe: A human General and former Captain of the hovercraft Logos.
- Lambert Wilson as The Merovingian: A self-professed trafficker of information who encountered Neo prior to the end of the Machine War and who has a long-standing grudge against the Oracle.
- Daniel Bernhardt as Agent Johnson: Bernhardt reprises his role from The Matrix Reloaded (2003) as an Agent of the Matrix.
Eréndira Ibarra as Lexy
- Max Riemelt as Sheperd
- Brian J. Smith as Berg
- Toby Onwumere as Sequoia
Christina Ricci, Telma Hopkins, and Andrew Caldwell have been cast in undisclosed roles. Tom Hardy filmed an uncredited background cameo appearance, due to The Matrix Resurrections filming in Los Angeles simultaneously with Venom: Let There Be Carnage, in which Hardy starred as Eddie Brock and Venom.