In 2023, the famous director Christopher Nolan is ready to release a film with a big budget and starring many classy actors titled Oppenheimer. It will be Nolan’s first film project that is not financed and released by Warner Bros. The film is a major competitor to Barbie, a film distributed by Warner Bros. and aired simultaneously with Oppenheimer.
The biopic will star five Oscar-winning actors, namely Casey Affleck, Kenneth Branagh, Matt Damon, Gary Oldman and Rami Malek. There are also three Oscar-nominated actors, namely Robert Downey Jr., Tom Conti, and Florence Pugh. However, Christopher Nolan’s regular actor, Michael Caine, was absent from this film project.
Not only that, Hans Zimmer, Nolan’s regular composer, seems to have also been absent from working on the Oppenheimer film project because he was busy with the film projects Dune (2021) and Dune: Part Two (2023). Here are eleven Oppenheimer facts that will be broadcast in July 2023. Check it out!
- This film focuses on the achievements and regrets of J Robert Oppenheimer, the inventor of the atomic bomb in 1945
- The invention was used in World War II to destroy Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- This is the director’s second World War II-themed film after Dunkirk (2017). Oppenheimer is set 6 years after Dunkirk
- This film is actor Cillian Murphy’s sixth collaboration with director Christopher Nolan
- Kenneth Branagh previously starred in two Nolan films titled Dunkirk (2017) and Tenet (2020)
- Gary Oldman, who previously starred in Nolan’s Batman trilogy, only appears in one scene in this film
- Actors Emily Blunt and Cillian Murphy previously starred in A Quiet Place Part II (2020)
- Filming will take place February—May 2022 at IAS, Princeton, New Jersey and University of California, Berkeley, California
- Nolan says he used real explosives to recreate the Trinity nuclear test
- This will be Nolan’s first black and white film and sixth film shot by IMAX cameras
- Reportedly, Oppenheimer is set to air starting July 21, 2023
Universal Pictures eventually became the studio handling the film after accepting Nolan’s request, including a film and marketing budget of $100 million each. In addition, there is a gap of 100 days before the film is finally available on legal streaming services or on DVD.
Not only that, Universal Pictures must share 20 percent of gross revenue. Then, 3 weeks before and after the release of this film, Universal Pictures may not show films other than Oppenheimer. Are you one of those who are waiting for this Oppenheimer biopic? Don’t miss it, okay!